Does Kids' Corner provide drop in care, after hours care, or babysitting services?
- Unfortunately, no. KC operates at full capacity and does not have space for extra children. If you would like to be placed on the wait list, please complete this form and mail it to KC with a non-refundable $25.00 processing fee.
If I decline when a spot is offered to our family, does that put us at the bottom of the waiting list?
- Nope! The list is arranged chronologically. When we have another spot open, we will start with the earliest application and work our way down.
I was offered a spot and declined. Does that mean I'm first on the list next time?
- Not necessarily. We work from top to bottom chronologically, and it is possible that the people in front of you declined the last time but would accept the next time.
Are you full and open year round?
- Yes! We service the working families of Mount Desert Island and the surrounding communities. The parents are business owners, teachers, medical professionals, etc., who work year round to make this an amazing community for our children to grow up in.
Can you take more children? Pretty please?
- We are so honored that so many families want to be a part of our KC family. However, in order to provide a safe, enriching environment for the children, we use ratios lower than the state requirements and are currently at full capacity.
Does Kids' Corner accept vouchers from the state? What if I need care before I hear from the state?
- We do! We want all families to have access to our program regardless of their income. Please visit www.maine.gov to determine if you qualify for this subsidy. If you need to start care before receiving your voucher, a generous donation from the YWCA will cover a portion of the cost during that time.
For which holidays are Kids' Corner closed?
- Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. KC is also closed for 3 professional days a year, usually on MLK Jr. or President's Day, the day prior to the first day of local schools, and Veteran's Day.
How can I support such a wonderful organization?
- We accept donations of gently used books and toys.
- You can stop by the center and pick up Clynk bags for your redeemables.
- Find us on AmazonSmile or order us a gift from our Amazon Wishlist.
- We graciously accept monetary donations which can be mailed to: Kids' Corner, 81 Mt. Desert St., Bar Harbor, ME 04609.